And here is the third installment of the Hollycast series of Sidedown's Downcast.
Within this hour of free holiday, Christmas, and winter music, you'll hear:
- Ukrainians singing a carol of bells.
- Bono listening to a fairy story.
- Sting fleeing storms at sea and begging for soul cakes on Christmas.
- A goth band strumming mandolins for the magi.
- Irish chieftains singing about the king of all birds.
- Enya riding trains amid winter rains.
- Annie Lenox interrupting Jars of Clay.
- Norville being reprised.
- Tori Amos mashing together two traditional carols with breathy grace.
- Anne Wilson finding beauty and sadness at Christmas.
- The Crash Test Dummies calling upon Gitchi Manitou.
- Alex Lifeson breaking away from the Holy Triumvirate, if only briefly, to pa rum pum pum pum.
And more. Merry Christmas!